

We are so excited to announce that we had a little girl on April 9th, 2013! She is such a great baby and we are so lucky to have her in our family. She was 8 lbs 12 oz and 21 1/4 inches long. Emma is such a good baby. Brody was such a good and easy baby that I thought for sure the next one wouldn't be like him. He slept through the night within the first two months and was always super happy and mellow. I thought for sure that Emma would not be like this. I was wrong. She is an even better sleeper! She is such a sweetie and does not mind that Brody is in her face constantly kissing her. She just smiles at him and is perfectly content. (Believe me, Brody is ALWAYS in her face. He is a little obsessed with her.)

Another thing that I thought would not be as simple was her delivery. Adam and I decided that we wanted her to be born on April 10th. So we would go in the 9th to get induced. We checked into the hospital at 3 pm. Started the pitocin at 4:30 (or maybe 5:30.. I can't quite remember.) Got an epidural around 7 and then she was born at 10:57 pm. It happened a lot faster than we planned on and had her the 9th! But we are so grateful that she was born healthy and happy.
I was so worried my whole pregnancy about how Brody would do with a new sibling. Brody and I do everything together and I was nervous that he would be mad about having to share his mom. (The first time I left him over night was when we went to hospital and I was shocked at how hard it was for me.) The whole time I was pregnant I would point out my belly and tell him about sissy or we would go into her room and try to explain about what was going to happen. But he wasn't even two when she was born so I wasn't expecting him to comprehend much. When he came to the hospital to meet Emma he was terrified. He would only go to my mom or Adam and no where near me. At one point we got him to sit on the bed and showed him Emma. He was interested for about two seconds and then wanted off. I was disappointed. I thought that he would be excited to meet her. However, when we brought her home from the hospital the obsession started. Brody is so cute with her. He loves to hold her and kiss her. Adam limits him to 50 kisses a day. :) Every morning he asks for sissy and wants me to put her in his bed so they can cuddle for a bit. He will just lay down and hug her for at least five minutes. Every time she cries he gets upset and says, "Emma crying. she needs her paccy." Then he will run around the house until he can find a pacifier for her. He will try and put it in her mouth and will push it in (hard) and she just sits there and smiles. They are so cute together. I am so grateful that she doesn't mind getting picked up all the time, her faces smashed and the numerous things that he does to her out of love.
I LOVE my kids! Emma and Brody are so adorable and fun! I love being their mom and am so grateful that I get to spend everyday with them!!
2 comments:
They are so cute together!
Yeah I was nervous at first he was going to pull a Tammy and try to knock her off the bed when you weren't looking. ;) (this is Micaela)
Post a Comment