Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day

Yay! This is my official first Mother's Day and I am so grateful that I am able to have such an amazing son! I am glad that I was able to have him six days before Mother's Day so that I could share this day with him! Everyone told me that I would love him the moment I saw him, and I always thought that this was true, but I didn't realize the amount of love I would have for him. I am CRAZY about him!! He is just so amazing and I feel truly privileged to be his mother and that Heavenly Father would trust me with him. I love just holding him and having him in my life. He is truly my everything! :) I am so lucky!



But throughout my pregnancy and since the birth of my son, my own mother has been so helpful and I am so grateful that I was able to have such a wonderful mother like her. She is always willing to do whatever I need whether its run to the store for some supplies or just hold Brody for me, she does it all with a smile. She has been so supportive during this new time in my life and it just makes me think back to my own childhood and what an incredible mother and childhood I had. My mother is always very positive about everything and is so nice to everyone! She will answer my endless amount of questions I have had and never seems annoyed. When I was a child she would always have such fun things to do with my siblings and me. She made sure that ever since we were little that there were two things in life that were truly important: the Gospel and our family. These were our main focuses in life and I am so grateful that I was born with this mindset. We always did such fun family trips and just hung out as a family. I have never doubted the love that my mother has for her kids and her husband. Also her testimony of the Gospel is very apparent. She is always willing to serve others and go above and beyond for anyone. She is just so awesome and I am grateful for her in my life and I hope that I will be able to be a great mom to Brody like she was to me. Thank you so much Mom for all you do for me and our family! I love you!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey, babygirl! it's Ashley Holt. This post is adorable!! I'm SO happy for you!! I cannot wait to meet the little guy. He's so cute! Happy Mother's Day!! That's incredible. Were we not just making up dances to 80's songs in your kitchen? My golly. I love and miss you so much!

sunny said...

yep, your mom is awesome!