Our Bake Off..
So Adam and I have been really into watch the 'Food Network Channel' lately. We didn't really realize our obsession until on Sunday when I decided to bake some cookies and Adam volunteered to help, that it truly came out. I was just baking normal chocolate chip cookies, since they are my forte, when Adam asked what over interesting ingredients we were adding since chocolate chops are "boring." So we divided the dough in half so he could make his own bizarre cookies and mine would still be delicious. When he started naming random ingredients he could put in, such as, 'chili powder, lemon zest, orange zest, oregano, and coconut,' I could clearly tell he had never baked before. So when he then he decided on putting butterscotch chips with lemon zest in his dough, I was actually impressed. But when he said that his were going to be better than mine (which is impossible), we turned it into a competition.
The cookies:
... A- Tammy... B-Adam
... Adam & his cookies...
Our judges:
.... Father....
... Mother...
... Kristen ...
.... The Group .... tasting and writing down their scores..
The Scorecards had three different areas of scoring: Appearance (1-5) Taste (1-5) Overall (1-5)

Dun Dun Dun... I won!! Yay!!!!!


I beat Adam by seven points! Although, Kristen did practically give me perfect scores, and if you take your our of the running then Adam and I would have tied. But I used Kristen as an advantage for me. So I won!!
However, next week will probably be new cookies for a bake off since Adam will want to redeem himself...
.. oh well I still won!! :)
4 comments:
You guys are hilarious. This post made me laugh out loud. We have totally done this with each other and against David and Shannon but we have never made the score card and everything else. You are awesome.
Yeah, they gave up competing against us because we always win. ;)
You should have let him have at it with the oregano and chili powder and you could have passed him some cumin and tabasco sauce while you were at it. You would have won by a lot more. Just remind him that without your helpful suggestions of things to avoid he wouldn't have even been able to eat his own cookies!
Well I think when we are up there then that we should all do a bake off. I bet I will still win!! :)
And I know, I should have let him put all that stuff in and not said that it would have been disgusting!
Well if you have the perfect chocolate chips cookies then why should be try to compete? Maybe we should try something else.
Post a Comment